How It Works
Time management consulting is tailored to your needs and interests. Each session, you and your consultant will discuss what you want to work on.
Request a Consultant
Email us to request a Time Management & Study Strategies consultation. Include answers to the following questions in your email.
- What areas would you like to focus on?
- Is there anything, such as anxiety, learning disabilities, incomplete classes, that would be helpful for us to know about? (You are not obligated to share any information you don’t feel comfortable sharing.)
- What days and times are you available to meet for an hour with a consultant (Monday - Friday, 8 a.m.- 8 p.m.)?
We will send you a survey requesting more background information. Your answers will help your consultant be more effective. We will also ask what you are looking for in a consultant. Finally, we will match you with a consultant for your first session.
If you would like to meet with a consultant before the end of the semester, please submit requests for consulting before the last day of classes. Consulting for the semester ends on the last day of classes before reading period starts. Submit requests for an upcoming semester anytime. Consultants are available in June and July as well, but not in August.
My consultant took the time to get to know me and understand what would work best for me.
My consultant was an excellent listener. It helped to have someone to rant to about feeling overwhelmed. I felt I could be honest with her and she was understanding and tried to help address my concerns.
Our consulting is covered by your tuition. You can use our services with no additional fee.
You can meet up to once per week for an hour with your consultant. You can meet with a consultant for a short term or for the long term. You may choose to meet with your consultant just a few times to work on a single topic like reading strategies. Or you may meet weekly for the whole year, excluding finals and breaks. Consultants are available in June and July as well, but not in August.
- If you are an undergraduate, you can meet with your consultants as long as classes are in session. There is no consulting during reading period and finals, or over vacation breaks, or on holidays.
- If you are a graduate student, your consulting can continue during breaks and finals as long as your consultant is available at those times.
About Our Consultants
Time Management & Study Strategy consultants are current Tufts graduate students. They come from a variety of departments, including Occupational Therapy, School Psychology, Child Development, and the Fletcher School. Consultants are thoroughly trained to listen, ask questions, and collaborate on strategies that meet your style and needs.
Some of the consultants speak languages besides English. Email the program director to ask if a consultant on staff speaks a specific language.
My consultant made me come up with ideas on how to solve whatever problems I was facing, which made me feel capable. Rather than coming with the answers, she came in to ask relevant questions that fostered motivation in me.
My consultant was always a fun, warm guy. He was a good listener and often challenged my thoughts, encouraging me to think more deeply.