How It Works
Meet with an ARC writing consultant by appointment or our during drop-in hours.
To make an hour-long appointment with a writing consultant, log in to SIS, choose “Tutor Finder” from the Academics menu, then choose the writing project you’re working on to see a list of appointment times.
Sunday-Thursday, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Tisch Library
Mondays, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Women's Center
Tuesdays, 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Africana Center
Fridays, 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the LGBT Center
Policies and Limitations
- ARC services are open to any undergraduate or graduate student in the schools of Arts, Sciences and Engineering on the Medford campus. See below for alternate resources for Fletcher and the Boston campus.
- Appointments are limited to one session per day and three sessions per week. Students are limited to 15 hours of writing tutoring per semester.
- You must give us at least six hours' notice if you need to cancel an appointment. If you cancel with less than six-hour notice or miss a scheduled appointment, you must wait a full week before making another appointment. If you miss appointments regularly, we reserve the right to suspend your use of our services for the remainder of the semester.
- Consultants will only work with you on a take-home exam if you present written permission from the professor at the time of the appointment. It is your responsibility to make it clear to your tutor that the assignment is a take-home exam and to provide permission.
- Making an appointment for another student or bringing another student's work to a writing tutoring session is expressly forbidden. You can only book appointments for yourself and bring your own paper. Violating this rule may result in a suspension of ARC services as well as disciplinary action.
- In the case of group writing projects, one student may make the appointment but the entire group should attend. The exception is if you only want to work on your portion of the final paper.
- The Boston campus offers Health Sciences Writing Consulting for students enrolled in Tufts Medical School, Dental School, Sackler School, and Friedman School of Nutrition. Health Sciences Writing Consultants support projects such as research papers, clinical articles, personal statements, theses, doctoral dissertations, conference papers, proposals, posters, and abstracts.
- The Fletcher School offers its own Graduate Writing Program peer tutoring available in the Ginn Library.