See an Advisor
If you’re an AS&E or SMFA at Tufts student or alumna/us, you can schedule an advising appointment to talk with us and get advice about your career plans.
We also offer drop-in hours when you can ask quick questions of 15 minutes or less. Drop-in hours for current students are only available during the academic year.
Drop- ins: 15 minutes; No appointment necessary
Dowling Hall: Staffed by Career Advisors and Career Fellows
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays: 12 - 2 p.m., Wednesdays 5 - 7 p.m.
Tisch Fitness Center, Room 212: Staffed by Career Advisors
Mondays: 4 - 6 p.m.
Engineering Buildings: Staffed by Engineering/Computer Science Career Advisor
- Sci-Tech: Mondays, 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Anderson: Tuesdays, 2:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Halligan: Thursdays, 3 - 5 p.m.
SMFA at Tufts - Boston Campus: Staffed by Arts Career Advisor
- Mondays and Thursdays: 12 - 2 p.m.
Career Advising Appointments: 2 Ways to Schedule Online
You can schedule an appointment online with advisors in the Career Center in Dowling Hall. There are two ways that you can schedule an appointment with an advisor:
1. If you have never scheduled an appointment with an advisor, do not have an advisor preference or are looking for the first available appointment, see “Selecting an Appointment Type in Calendly” below.
2. If you’ve already met with an advisor and want to schedule an appointment with them, or know that you want to schedule an appointment with one of our career specialists, click on the link by the advisor’s name below.
- Mock interviews
- Interpretation of MBTI, Strong Interest Inventory or other career assessment results
- Exploring career and major options and developing your career goals
- Finding internship and employment opportunities
- Applying to graduate and professional school programs (for pre-health and pre-law please see the pre-health and pre-law advisors in Dowling Hall)
- Job search strategies including: resumes, cover letters, interviewing skills, networking, using LinkedIn and how to conduct a successful job search
Nicole Anderson – Alumni Career Advisor
- Resume, Cover Letter or Other Document Review - Bring a draft of your document in hard copy for review and editing.
- Mock interview - Bring a resume and job description
New appointment slots are added continually so please check back again. You may very well get lucky and find an open slot sooner. You can also take advantage of drop-in hours held daily.
You may only have a single, ‘currently scheduled’ appointment in the system at a time. You may also utilize any of our drop-in hours even if you have a currently scheduled appointment in the system.
Refer to your confirmation email from the Career Center, where you will find a link to cancel/reschedule your appointment. You may also call the Career Center. **Please see cancellation policy below.