Administrative Support


Find Accessible Housing

Financial Assistance

Lab or Blood Work

Obtaining Medical Records

Obtaining a Physician Referral

Preferred Name Change

Prescription Medication

Travel Abroad

Lab or Blood Work

For your convenience, Health Service can draw samples and perform laboratory work on site, even if it is ordered by your private clinician.

Hours for private clinician lab drawing:

  • Academic year: Monday‐Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
  • During school breaks and the summer holiday: Monday‐Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
  • We do not draw private clinician labs on weekends or holidays

If you need information about how these services are billed to the insurance company or to the patient, please refer to Billing information.

Tests Ordered by Providers outside of Health Service

If your medical provider is outside of Health Service and you would like to have us collect the specimen here we can do it as a courtesy to you and send it to Quest Diagnostics for processing. We have included a form that you can use with your provider.  Please make sure to include the following information:

  • Exact test names and frequency, should be indicated on a prescription with the patient’s name and date of birth.
  • Diagnosis with CPT code must be included for billing purposes.
  • The ordering physician needs to be a U.S. physician. Please include their name, address, telephone number, fax number and NPI number.
  • Communicating Test Results: Quest will fax the test results to the ordering provider.  Our office will not be able to provide results to patients.
  • We need a copy of your insurance card front and back in order to process the lab order.
  • If you are a provider and need to talk to Quest about results you can call 1-866-697-8378 (1-866-MYQUEST).

Obtaining Medical Records

For your convenience, Health Service can provide you or a third party with copies of your protected health information. Students who would like to take advantage of this service should complete and sign our Authorization to Release Medical Records form and bring it to the front deask in Health Service (124 Professors Row).  

Obtaining a Physician Referral 

Health Service is here for your day-to-day health care needs. If you need care from a specialist, we can refer you to a qualified professional. If you have student health insurance through Tufts, you will need a referral from Health Service to authorize the specialist visit. Call our business office for more information.

Find a local specialist for a medical condition:
  1. Come to Health Service. We have a list of local specialists our students have used. This is not an all-inclusive list but it is a good place to start.
  2. Look up specialists on your insurance company’s website. The URL should be printed on your insurance card. You can search by type of specialist and by town or state.

Preferred Name Change

Contact Mary Daley or Susan Keathing in Health Services to have your preferred name updated in your electronic medical record.

To have your preferred name updated in SIS, the Tufts Directory, and/or other University systems, please visit Tufts Techonolgy Services Preferred Name Change page for comprehensive instructions. 

Prescription Medication

The clinicians at Health Service can prescribe medication if you need it. If you get a prescription through us, you will  select a pharmacy and we will transmit the order to them electronically. If you prefer, we can give you a hard-copy prescription to take to your pharmacy in person.

  • Your co-pay, the percent of the overall cost of the drug you are responsible for, depends on your insurance.
  • The co-pay for any given medication will be the same at every pharmacy.
  • When the pharmacy fills your prescription, they will submit the information electronically to your insurance company.
Inman Pharmacy Delivery Service

Many students use Inman Pharmacy for its  convenient delivery service. Inman Pharmacy is an independent pharmacy in Cambridge that fills and delivers prescriptions to Health Service on the Medford/Somerville campus. The pharmacy makes between daily deliveries during Health Service hours of operation.

To process your prescription, Inman Pharmacy will need your insurance information and a credit card to which the co-pay can be charged.

Inman Pharmacy provides this delivery service as a convenience to the students. If you use this service, any communication is strictly between you and the pharmacy. Tufts University is not responsible for providing payment information or collecting payment for services or products. Once the prescription leaves the pharmacy it cannot be returned. Deliveries of prescriptions are made to Health Service on a pre-arranged schedule.

Inman Pharmacy

Phone: 617-876-4868
Fax: 617-547-9521
Address: 1414 Cambridge Street, Cambridge MA

Other Local Pharmacies

Rite Aid Pharmacy
Monday through Saturday - 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Sunday 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Davis Square
393 Highland Avenue, Somerville
617-776-7730 (phone) / 617-776-2372 (fax)

CVS Pharmacy
7 days a week - 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
1 Davis Square
Somerville, MA 02144
617-629-4156 (phone) / 617-629-4758 (fax)

CVS Pharmacy
7 days a week - 24 hours a day
Wellington Circle, at the intersection of Routes 28 and 16 East
590 Middlesex Fells Parkway, Medford
781-391-2668 (phone) / 781-396-4113 (fax)

Walgreens Pharmacy
7 days a week - 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
337 Broadway, Somerville
617-776-5104 (phone) / 617-776-7591 (fax)

CVS Pharmacy
Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Magoun Square
532 Medford Street, Somerville
617-628-1401 (phone) / 617-623-8227 (fax)


Financial Assistance

The Office of Student Success and Advising also offers Financial Resources to assist students with medical costs.