CAFE Conversation Action Faith and Education
Connect with other students and staff who have a shared passion for understanding and creating change in ourselves and our communities.
You will meet inspiring Tufts faculty and local leaders, and explore identity, interfaith understanding, and community organizing. We will travel to nearby neighborhoods such as Davis Square, Cambridge, and downtown Boston to visit important organizations and spiritual centers.
There will be time to explore these neighborhoods, eat good food, and relax on the beautiful Tufts lawns before the start of the year. Over the six-day program, we hope to create your first community at Tufts, one that is caring, thoughtful, and passionate.
CAFE seeks incoming student participants from diverse religious, non-religious, spiritual and ethical identities. All are welcome.
- Explore the Boston area on field trips to local religious and cultural communities (such as the Islamic Society of Boston Cultural Center or the Harvard Humanist Hub)
- Experience spiritual practices from a variety of religious and philosophical traditions at Tufts and in nearby neighborhoods
- Strengthen leadership skills and identity development through anti-racism, community organizing, and self-care workshops with Tufts faculty, peer leaders, and local community leaders
- Meet with local advocacy, social justice, and service organizations
- Enjoy activities on the President’s Lawn, a scavenger hunt, a harbor cruise, and much more