Commuter Resources

Commuter Status

Entering first-year students and sophomores are required to live on campus. The exception to this policy is a sophomore commuting from home.

Commuting from home means that you will live with a parent, legal guardian or a relative over the age of 25. If you wish to change your housing status to “commuter” please submit a letter of verification and request a meeting/conference call between the parent, guardian or adult relative and the Associate Director of Housing Operations.

Hillside House

Hillside House, located at 32 Dearborn Road in Somerville, is home to a shared space for commuters to rest, study and occasionally stay overnight. Commuters will have access to:

  • Shared Kitchen
  • Washer/Dryer
  • Study Spaces
  • Dining Room
  • Common/Living Room with TV
  • Bedroom(s) for overnight stay
Access to Commuter Spaces

In order to gain access to the Hillsides House, students must be registered as a commuting student (living at home) and request access via email at Once a request is made, our house managers will contact you regarding details and help support your needs. 

If you have additional questions, contact