Metcalf Hall

A little history: The eastern half of the building was constructed in 1895 as a residence for the women of the Jackson College. In 1937, well after after Tufts College and Jackson College were fused, the western side of the building was added. The structure's vintage still shows through throughout the building, despite numerous renovations.

Metcalf is centrally located on Professors Row across the street from the Mayer Campus Center and the Tisch Library. 

Metcalf is receiving a full interior renovation in the summer of 2018!

Rooms

  • 24 doubles: Average double room is 10' x 14'
  • 7 singles: Average single room is 10' x 10'
  • 21 triples: Average triple room is 12' x 19'
  • Furniture provided for each student:
    • 1 extra long twin bed
      • multi-positioned beds that have 11 height adjustments up to 32 inches, with 30 inches of space underneath when raised to maximum height
    • 1 desk
    • 1 desk chair
    • 1 closet
    • 1 dresser
  • One window/shade in single rooms, 2 windows and shades in double rooms
  • East wing rooms are carpeted; west wing rooms are not carpeted

Bathrooms
1 single-sex bathroom is located on the eastern and western sides of each floor. Each bathroom contains showers, toilet stalls, and sinks.

Common Areas
The main lounge on the ground floor and has a television, couches, tables and chairs. There is a small study space on the ground floor and on the basement floor.

Amenities

  • 1 common kitchen on 2nd floor east side
    • Equipped with a stove, oven, and refrigerator
  • Washing machines and Dryers, basement floor
  • Vending machines
  • Bicycle storage room