Ask a Counselor
Ask a Counselor appointments are available Tuesdays – Thursdays and can be scheduled online or by calling 617-627-3360.
Speak informally with a clinician at CMHS for a short (15 minutes or less) confidential telephone consultation
Available Tuesdays – Thursdays
Ask a Counselor is best for students who:
- Would like to obtain a counselor’s perspective about a particular problem or issue (for example, being concerned about a friend and unsure of how to talk to or help the friend)
- Are not sure about counseling and have specific questions about CMHS and therapy or wonder what it’s like to speak with a counselor
- Would like to get a counselor’s perspective about whether and how therapy could be helpful for them
Ask a Counselor is not meant for students who:
- Are in crisis or are having active thoughts of self-harm (in this case, please call CMHS at 617-627-3360 and let the receptionist know that you need to speak with a clinician urgently)
- Have a problem or issue they want to spend more than 15 minutes working through (regular 45-minute appointments are available Mondays – Fridays from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and can be scheduled by calling CMHS)
Although Ask a Counselor appointments are conversations with Tufts CMHS clinicians, the service is not a substitute for psychotherapy or formal counseling and does not constitute mental health treatment.