CMHS collaborates with several campus partners to offer Let's Talk in their spaces.
What is Let’s Talk?
- Let's Talk is an easy, low commitment way to speak to a CMHS counselor about challenges in your life.
- This meeting is 15 to 20 minutes. You can talk about specific problems, brainstorm solutions, and consider next steps.
- Let’s Talk meetings are not therapy. If you are looking for therapy, please contact CMHS at 617-627-3360 to schedule an appointment with a counselor to discuss your mental health needs as well as available Tufts and community resources.
Let’s Talk happens at the following times and locations:
- Africana Center with Kia Alston: 12pm-2pm on 9/27, 10/11, 10/25, 11/8, 11/29, and 12/6 (group Lunch and Learn format, no individual drop-ins)
- Asian American Center with Andrew Yuen: 10am-12pm every Friday beginning 9/22
- Center for STEM Diversity with Taka Watanabe: 12pm-1:30pm on 9/20, 11/15, and 12/6
- FIRST Center with Taka Watanabe: 12pm-1:30pm on 9/15, 11/3, 12/1
- International Center with Xi Bi: 2pm-4pm on 9/22, 10/6, 10/20, 11/3, 11/17, 12/1, and 12/15
- LGBT Center with Stefan Jadaszewski: 1pm-3pm on 9/14, 9/28, 10/12, 10/26, 11/9, and 12/7
Is a Let’s Talk meeting confidential?
- For your safety and comfort, we strive to keep these conversations private. Due to limitations of the meeting space, we cannot guarantee full privacy.
- In cases of imminent risk of harm to self, others, and/or protected individuals (elderly, minors), emergency services may be notified.
Will there be a record of our meeting?
Let's Talk counselors will retain a brief written record of each meeting that will be a part of your Tufts medical record. Know that your medical record is protected under strict HIPAA privacy laws.
What if I have an urgent concern or I’m in crisis? Can I still attend this meeting?
You deserve the full support that a 45-minute appointment provides. Let the counselor know, and they will help you get connected with the CMHS front desk for an urgent appointment.