There are a wide range of academic, personal, and professional benefits to be gained through studying abroad. Many students find it is a truly transformative skill-building experience. Tufts University has been offering study abroad programs for five decades. You may also choose from hundreds of approved programs run by non-Tufts providers. Get started!
Upcoming Events & Deadlines
Each year, Tufts University hosts an annual celebration honoring the life and work of the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. This year, a series of panels and speakers will place our current moment in historical context, discuss how this historical context informs the work of current community organizers and activists, and consider how we might build King’s "beloved community" in the Trump Era.
Drop by between 12:00 and 1:30pm to learn more about SIT's study-abroad offerings.
News & Announcements
Why Study Abroad?
- Earn academic credit while examining your field from a different perspective
- Gain independence, adaptability, problem-solving skills, resourcefulness, and self-reliance
- Develop a global mindset and linguistic and intercultural competencies
Where Do I Begin
- Begin planning for study abroad as a freshman or sophomore
- Attend a required First Steps Meeting
- Research approved programs and begin the application process:
Diversity and Identity Abroad
We encourage students from all backgrounds to consider study abroad. We understand that there can be academic, cultural, and financial challenges to studying abroad, and your own experience will be both rewarding and challenging in unique ways. Find more resources.