There are a wide range of academic, personal, and professional benefits to be gained through studying abroad. Many students find it is a truly transformative skill-building experience. Tufts University has been offering study abroad programs for five decades. You may also choose from hundreds of approved programs run by non-Tufts providers. Get started!
News & Announcements
Why Study Abroad?
- Earn academic credit while examining your field from a different perspective
- Gain independence, adaptability, problem-solving skills, resourcefulness, and self-reliance
- Develop a global mindset and linguistic and intercultural competencies
Where Do I Begin
- Begin planning for study abroad as a freshman or sophomore
- Attend a required First Steps Meeting
- Research approved programs and begin the application process:
Diversity and Identity Abroad
We encourage students from all backgrounds to consider study abroad. We understand that there can be academic, cultural, and financial challenges to studying abroad, and your own experience will be both rewarding and challenging in unique ways. Find more resources.