Request a Transcript or Diploma
You can request your transcript online (if you graduated in 2006 or later), or in person, by mail, by email, or by fax with a Transcript Request Form. Please keep the following policies in mind:
- Most requests are processed within two working days, but it can take up to five days during peak periods (January and February).
- Your records must indicate that you are financially cleared before your transcript request to be completed.
- Any forms required by graduate schools or other organizations can be included with the transcript when it is mailed. However, these requests must be made in person, by mail, or by fax, and the accompanying forms must be included with the Tufts request form.
- For professional school transcripts, please contact the individual school.
- Tufts Schools of Arts, Sciences, and Engineering does not charge a fee for a transcript to be sent out. Transcripts are mailed standard ground mail but you do have the option to send Student Services a pre-paid label for expedited shipping.
If expedited shipping is requested, a pre-paid label must be accompanied with your transcript request form. Student Services suggests using United States Postal Service (USPS) or DHL (with a scheduled pick-up) for expediting the shipping of your transcript; DHL is recommended for all international shipping. If United States Postal Services (USPS) is selected and the pre-paid label is received after 10:00 a.m. est the transcript may go out the next business day.
Request a Transcript Online
If you graduated in 2006 or later you may request a transcript online. Here’s how:
- Log into Student Information System (SIS) using your UTLN and password. Current students and alumnae can log into SIS using their Tufts credentials. If you do not know your Tufts credentials you can use Tufts Tools to recall or reset.
- Click the “Academics” Tab and select “Official Transcript.”
- Under “Select Request”, choose one of two options:
-“Request Institution to Mail” - to have your transcript mailed directly to your address or a selected recipient.
-“Hold for Pick-up” - to pick up your transcript at the Student Services Desk in Dowling Hall.
- Complete the following categories:
-Academic Career, for example AS&E Undergraduate
-Select Processing Options
Choose to have the transcript printed immediately or at a future date, such as after grades are posted.
Choose the quantity you would like.
-Recipient Address - if you are mailing the transcript choose: “Send to My Address” OR “Edit Address” to enter a new recipient.
- Click “Submit.”
Request a Transcript by Mail or In Person
If you graduated before 2006, please submit the Transcript Request Form by mail, by email, by fax, or in person at the Student Services Desk in Dowling Hall:
Administrative Support - Transcript Processing
Dowling Hall, 419 Boston Ave
Medford, MA 02155
Fax: (617) 627-4691
You can request an English translation of your diploma by completing the English translation form.
To request a replacement of your original diploma, please complete the Diploma Replacement Form and return it to the address on the form. If you have your original diploma, please return it to us (even if it has been soiled).
Please note: We are only able to change the name on a diploma if you have also changed your legal gender marker. If this is the case, please indicate both your old and new name on the form, and also provide legal documentation indicating your name and gender change. We may contact you to confirm accuracy. In these instances, the Tufts LGBT Center will cover the cost of your replacement diploma. Please feel free to contact the LGBT Center at 617-627-3770 if you have questions or concerns.
Your new diploma will be ordered as soon as we receive your form and payment. It will take approximately 6 to 8 weeks to send it to you.
If you need an apostille to further verify the authenticity of your diploma you should submit the Apostille Request Form. Your will need to send your original diploma to the Registrar’s Office in order to verify and notarize the diploma copies created. If you do not have your original diploma, you will need to request a replacement diploma. Please note, this may add additional time to the process. If a transcript is required to be included in the apostille, complete the Transcript Request Form.
We will send all materials via FedEx to the Public Records Division within the Secretary of the Commonwealth, where the apostille is applied. The apostilled copies are sent back to the Registrar and then sent to the you via FedEx along with your original diploma.
The Apostille Request process costs $75 and may take a few weeks to complete. Checks should be made out to Trustees of Tufts College. Please contact us if you have questions or need additional information.