Dean of Students Office
Question, concern, or idea? The Dean of Students Office is here to help — or to put you in touch with those who can.
Dowling Hall, Suite 701
419 Boston Ave.
Medford, MA 02155
Office Hours 2022–2023
The Dean of Students Office is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Drop-in assistance is available for brief questions and transactions. You can stop by our office in Dowling Hall during business hours.
If you have a detailed situation to discuss or would like a private meeting, give us a call to make an appointment.
Tufts 24/7 Help Line
Tufts has trained first responders and professional support resources available to assist with a variety of emergencies and crisis situations. Call the Tufts 24/7 Help Line at 617-627-3400 to be routed to the right support right away. You will have the option to:
- Get an immediate response from appropriate first responders in police, fire, or medical emergencies
- Talk with the Counselor on Call for mental health emergencies
- Receive advice from a nurse about non-emergency illness and injury concerns
Students can also contact the CHMS Counselor on Call directly at 617-627-3360 and the Tufts Health Service at 617-627-3350.
Students experiencing a challenging personal situation (for example, a hospitalisation or an unexpected death of a close family member) or a major adverse life event should contact the Dean of Students Office during normal business hours (M-F, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.) at 617-627-3158. Students, faculty, staff, and others who are worried about a student and need advice or support are asked to also contact the Dean of Students Office.
Related Offices and Resources
Please reach out directly to the following resources.
- Office of Residential Life and Learning (ORLL)
- Office for Campus Life
- Identify-based Centers
- Counseling and Mental Health
- Health Service
- StAAR Center
- Academic Advising
- Career Center
- Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Public Safety (TUPD)
- CARE - Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Resources
- Office of Equal Opportunity
- University Chaplaincy