Office of the Dean of Student Affairs
Question, concern, or idea? Student Affairs is here to help — or to put you in touch with those who can.
Dowling Hall, Suite 701
419 Boston Ave.
Medford, MA 02155
Office Hours 2022–2023
Student Affairs offices are open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Drop-in assistance is available for brief questions and transactions. You can stop by our office in Dowling Hall during business hours.
If you have a detailed situation to discuss or would like a private meeting, give us a call to make an appointment.
Tufts 24/7 Help Line
Tufts has trained first responders and professional support resources available to assist with a variety of emergencies and crisis situations. Call the Tufts 24/7 Help Line at 617-627-3400 to be routed to the right support right away. You will have the option to:
- Get an immediate response from appropriate first responders in police, fire, or medical emergencies
- Talk with the Counselor on Call for mental health emergencies
- Receive advice from a nurse about non-emergency illness and injury concerns
- Consult with the Student Affairs Dean on Call
Dean on Call; Counselor on Call; Tufts Health Service
The Student Affairs Dean on Call is available for crisis support 24/7. The Dean on Call is useful when a student experiences a sudden hospitalization, a destabilizing personal situation (e.g., unexpected death of a close family member), or a major adverse life event (e.g., eviction, food insecurity) that requires assistance immediately. The Dean on Call can also consult with students, faculty members, staff members, and others who are worried about a student and need advice or support. To reach the Dean on Call, call the Tufts 24/7 help line at 617-627-3400 and follow the prompts. You can also contact the CHMS Counselor on Call directly at 617-627-3360 and the Tufts Health Service at 617-627-3350.
Related Offices and Resources
Please reach out directly to the following resources.
- Office of Residential Life and Learning (ORLL)
- Office for Campus Life
- Identify-based Centers
- Counseling and Mental Health
- Health Service
- StAAR Center
- Academic Advising
- Career Center
- Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Public Safety (TUPD)
- CARE - Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Resources
- Office of Equal Opportunity
- University Chaplaincy