Growing up, I never put much thought into my identity as Asian American. I knew I looked different from my friends but I never considered my identity as it related to society. It wasn't until coming to Tufts that I finally recognized the overwhelming importance of this part of my life and how it shapes me. By choosing to live in the Asian American House, I hope to continue exploring what it means to be Asian American and serve as an easily accessible resource for anyone looking to discuss their views of Asian America.
Asian American Center Resources
Asian American Studies Minor Program
Asian American Studies is an interdisciplinary field dedicated to an examination of the diasporic East Asian, Southeast Asian, South Asian, and Pacific Islander populations. It applies the methods and perspectives of traditional academic disciplines, such as history, sociology, political science, education, psychology and literature, to understanding the histories, communities, and cultures of Asian Americans.
The minor provides a program of study so that students can examine the histories and experiences of Asian Americans as a specialization alongside their degree pursuits. The program offers courses that introduce students to Asian American Studies and also offers the opportunity for students to craft their own areas of expertise by taking coursework on concepts and issues that intersect with the Asian American experience such as immigration, health care, gender or educational access.
The Asian American Studies program is housed in the Consortium of Studies in Race, Colonialism and Diaspora.
To learn more about the Asian American Studies program, the program's affiliated faculty, and upcoming events, please visit the website.
These professors and staff have agreed to be identified as resources so that students can contact them, if they are interested, for any reason. Feel free to reach out to talk about academics, adjusting to college, being in an Asian or Asian-American community, or anything else!
|Hirata, Hosea||German, Russian, Asian Lang. and Lit.|
|Kagawa, Kiyomi||German, Russian, Asian Lang. and Lit.|
|Koizumi, Shiori||German, Russian, Asian Lang. and Lit.|
|Masuoka, Natalie||Political Science|
|Mistry, Jayanthi||Child Development|
|Shamsuddin, Shomon||Urban and Env. Policy and Planning|
|Wong, Ian||Health Promotion and Prevention|
|Wu, Jean||American Studies|
|Wu, Weiping||Urban and Env. Policy and Planning|
Center for South Asian and Indian Ocean Studies
Established in 1989, The Center for South Asian and Indian Ocean Studies at Tufts University has served as New England's focal point for scholars of and scholarship on the South Asian subcontinent and the Indian Ocean rim. With an emphasis on history, culture, literature, religion, politics, economics and diplomacy, it is committed to promoting interdisciplinary approaches to the study of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan and the Maldives, which together make up the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation.
Asian American House
The Asian American House (Start House), a Small Group Housing Unit under the Office of Residential Life and Learning, offers students an opportunity to live with others who have a commitment to learning about Asians in the U.S. Residents are required to coordinate programs for the Tufts community that focus on the issues and experiences of Asian Americans. Sophomores, juniors, and seniors are eligible to apply to live in the House.
Asian American House Residents 2016-2017:
Kalina Allen, Jennifer Leung, Nazifa Sarawat, Sophia Wang
As a resident of the Asian American House, I hope to be an open-minded learner, broaden my understanding of social issues, and develop a greater awareness for diversity. I'm excited to be part of an active community of students who are interested in learning more about Asian American issues and enthusiastic about engaging with other members of the Tufts community.
Kathleen Li, A16
Literature at the Center
- Aguilar-San Juan, Karin. The State of Asian America: Activism and Resistance in the 1990’s. South End Press, 1994.
- Amott, Teresa L.; Matthai, Julie A. Race Gender and Work: A Multicultural Economic History of Women in the United States. South End Press, 1991.
- Anwar, Muhammad; Sharp, Anthony. Television in a Multi-Racial Society. Commission for Racial Equality, 1984.
- Armor, John; Wright, Peter. Manzanar: The Japanese American Internment Camp. Vintage Books, 1989.
- Avakian, Monique. Atlas of Asian-American History. Media Projects Inc., 2002
- Cafferty, Pastora San Juan; Chestang, Leon. The Diverse Society: Implications For Social Policy . The National Association of Social Workers, Inc., 1976.
- Chan, Sucheng. Asian Americans: An Interpretive History. Twayne Publishers, 1991.
- Chan, Sucheng. Entry Denied: Exclusion and the Chinese Community in America, 1882-1943. Temple University Press, 1991.
- Chang, Edward T.; Leong, Russell C. Los Angeles- Struggle toward Multiethnic Community . The Regents of the University of California, 1993.
- Chang, Gordon H. Asian American and Politics: Perspectives, Experiences, and Prospects . Woodrow Wilson Center Press, 2001.
- Chu, Doris C.J. Chinese in Massachusetts: Their Experiences and Contributions . Highlight International, Inc. 1987.
- Daniels, Roger. Asian America: Chinese and Japanese in the United States since 1850 . University of Washington Press, 1988.
- Daniels, Roger. Concentration Camps: North America Japanese in the United States and Canada During World War II. Robert Krieger Publishing Company, Inc., 1981.
- Daniels, Roger. Coming to America: A History of Immigration and Ethnicity in American Life . Harper Collins Publishers, 1990.
- Dasgupta, Shamita, Das. A Patchwork Shawl: Chronicles of South Asian Women in America. Rutgers University Press, 1989.
- Dinnerstein, Leonard; Reimer, David M. A History of Immigration and Assimilation . Dodd, Mead, & Company, 1975.
- Endo, Russell; Chou, Sally; Chattergy, Virgie; Tsuchida, Nobuya. Contemporary Perspectives on Asian and Pacific American Education . Pacific Asian Press, 1990.
- Eng, David L; Hom, Alice Y. Queer in Asian America. Temple University Press, 1998.
- Espiritu, Yen Le. Asian American Panethnicity: Bridging Institutions and Identities . Temple University Press, 1992.
- Espiritu, Yen Le. Asian American Women and Men . Sage Publications, 1997. Espiritu, Yen Le. Filipino American Lives . Temple University Press, 1995.
- Fletcher, Arthur A. Civil Rights Issues Facing Asian Americans in the 1990s . A Report of the United States Commission on Civil Rights, February 1992.
- Foner, Philips S.; Rosenberg, Daniel. Racism, Dissent and Asian Americans from 1850 to the Present: A Documentary History. Greenwood Press, 1993.
- Foo, Laura Jo. Asian American Women: Issues, Concerns, and Responsive Human and Civil Rights Advocacy . Ford Foundation, 2002.
- Freeman, James M. Hearts of Sorrow: Vietnamese American Lives. Stanford University Press, 1989.
- Fuchs, Lawrence H. Hawaii Pono- "Hawaii the Excellent": An Ethnic and Political History. Bess Press, 1961.
- Fugita, Stephen S.; Hune, Shirley; Kim, Hyung-chan; Ling, Amy. Asian Americans: Comparative and Global Perspectives. Board of Regents of Washington State University, 1991.
- Gillenkirk, Jeff; Motlow, James. Bitter Melon: Stories from the last Rural Chinese Town In America. University of Washington Press, 1987.
- Gossett, Thomas F. Race: The History of an Idea in America. Southern Methodist University Press, 1963.
- Gupta, Sangeeta R. Emerging Voices: South Asian American Women Redefine Self, Family and Community. Altamira Press, 1999.
- Haag, Ernest van den. Is Capital Punishment Just?: Ethics and Public Policy Reprint. Ethics and Public Policy Center, 1978.
- Hamamoto, Darrell Y. Monitored Peril: Asian Americans and the Politics of TV Representation. University of Minnesota Press, 1994.
- Hayslip, Le Ly. When Heaven and Earth Charged Places. Doubleday, 1989.
- Hirabayashi, Lane Ryo; Kikumura-Yano, Akemi; Hirabayashi, James A. New Worlds, New Lives . Stanford University Press, 2002.
- Hooks, Bell. Feminism is for Everybody. South End Press, 2000.
- Hooks, Bell. Feminist Theory: From Margin to Center. South End Press, 1984.
- Hooks, Bell. Killing Rage, Ending Racism. Henry Holt and Company, 1995.
- Hooks, Bell. Yearning: Race, Gender, and Politics. South End Press, 1990.
- Horton, John. The Politics of Diversity: Immigration, Resistance and Change in Monetary Park, California. Temple University Press, 1995.
- Hsia, Jayjia. Asian Americans in Higher Education and at Work. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc., 1988.
- Hune, Shirley. Asian Pacific American Women in Higher Education: Claiming Visibility & Voice. Association of American Colleges and Universities, 1998.
- Iritani, Frank and Joanne. Ten Visits: Accounts of visits to all the Japanese Americans Relocation Centers. Japanese American Curriculum Project, Inc. 1994.
- Kibria, Nazli. Becoming Asian American: Second Generation Chinese and Korean American Identities. John Hopkins University Press, 2002.
- Kibria, Nazli. Family Tightrope: The Changing Lives of Vietnamese Americans. Princeton University Press, 1993.
- Kim, Bok-Lim C. The Asian Americans: Changing Patterns, Changing Needs. Association of Korean Christian Scholars in North America, Inc., 1978.
- Kim, Hyung-chan. A Legal History of Asian Americans 1970-1990. Greenwood Press, 1994. Kingston , Maxine Hong. The Woman Warrior: Memoirs of a Girlhood Among Ghosts. Vintage Books, 1975.
- Kitano, Harry H. L.; Daniels, Roger. Asian Americans: Emerging Minorities. Prentice Hall, Inc, 1988.
- LaGumina, Salvatore J.; Cavaioli, Frank J. The Ethnic Dimension in American Society. Holbrook Press, 1974.
- Lai, Hin Mark; Lim, Genny; Yung, Judy. Island: Poetry and History of Chinese Immigrants on Angel Island 1910-1940. University of Washington Press, 1980.
- Lawrence, Charles R. Matsuda, Mari J. We Won’t Go Back: Making the Case for Affirmative Action . Houghton Mifflin Company, 1997.
- Lee, Mary Paik. Quiet Odyssey: A pioneer Korean Women In Korea . University of Washington Press, 1990.
- Lee, Robert G. Orientals: Asian Americans in Popular Culture . Temple University Press, 1999.
- Leonard, Karen Isaksen. Making Ethnic Chinese: California’s Punjabi Mexican Americans. Temple University Press, 1992.
- Leong, Russell. Asian American Sexualities: dimensions of the gay and lesbian experience. Routledge, 1996.
- Linfield, Michael. Freedom Under Fire: US Civil Liberties in Times of War. South End Press, 1990.
- Ling, Amy. Between Worlds: Women Writers of Chinese Ancestry. Pergamon Press, 1990.
- Lott, Juanita Tamayo. Asian Americans: From Racial Category to Multiple Identities. AltaMira Press, a division of Sage Publications, Inc., 1998.
- Marchetti, Gina. Romance and the "Yello Peril": Race, Sex, and Discursive Strategies in Hollywood Fiction. University of California Press, 1993.
- Miyamoto, S. Frank. Social Solidarity Among the Japanese in Seattle. University of Washington press, 1984.
- McClain, Charles. Asian Americans and The Law: Asian Indians, Filipinos, other Asian Communities and the Law. Volume 4. Garland Publishing, Inc., 1994.
- McClain, Charles. Asian Americans and The Law: Chinese Immigrants and American Law. Volume 1. Garland Publishing, Inc., 1994.
- McClain, Charles. Asian Americans and The Law: Japanese Immigrants and American Law. Volume 2. Garland Publishing, Inc., 1994.
- McClain, Charles. Asian Americans and The Law: The Mass Internment of Japanese Americans and the Quest for Legal Redress. Volume 3. Garland Publishing, Inc., 1994.
- McCunn, Ruthanne Lum. Wooden Fish Song. Plume Book, 1995.
- Minh-ha, Trinh T. Women Native Other: Writing Post Coloniality and Feminism. Indiana University Press, 1989.
- Ng, Franklin; Yung, Jung; Fugita, Stephen S.; Kim, Elaine H. New Visions in Asian American Studies. Washington State University Press, 1994.
- Ng, Wendy L.; Chin, Soo-Young; Moy, James S.; Okihiro, Gary Y. Reviewing Asian America Locating Diversity. Washington State University Press, 1995.
- Nguyen-Hing-Nhiem, Lucy; Halpern, Joel Martin. The Far East Comes Near: Autobiographical Accounts of Southeast Asian Students In America. The University of Massachusetts Press, 1989.
- Nomura, Gail M.; Endo, Russell; Sumida, Stephen H.; Long, Russell. Frontiers of Asian American Studies: Writing Research, and Commentary. Washington State University Press, 1989.
- Okihiro, Gary Y.; Lee, Lee C. East of California: New Perspectives in Asian American Studies . Asian American Studies Program, Cornell University, 1992.
- Okihiro, Gary H.; Alquizola, Marilyn; Rony, Dorothy Fujita; Wong, Scott. Privileging Positions: The Site of Asian American Studies. Washington State University Press, 1995.
- Ong, Paul M. The State of Asian Pacific America: Transforming Race Relations. Asian Pacific American Public Policy Institute, 2000.
- Palumbo-Liu, David. Asian/ American: Historical Crossings of a Racial Frontier. Stanford University Press, 1999.
- Piliawsky, Monte. Exit 13: Oppression and Racism in Academia. South End Press, 1982.
- Rischin, Moses. Immigration and the American Tradition . The Bobbs-Merrill Company, Inc, 1976.
- Root, Maria P.P. Filipino Americans: Transformation and Identity . Sage Publications, 1997.
- Root, Maria P.P. Racially Mixed People in America . Sage Publications, 1992.
- Root, Maria P.P. The Multicultural Experience: Racial Borders as the New Frontier . Sage Publications, 1996.
- Rustomji-Kerns, Roshni; Srikanth, Rajini; Strobel, Leny Mendoza. Encounters: People of Asian Descent in the Americas. Rowman and Littlefield Publishers, Inc, 1999.
- Rutledge, Paul James. The Vietnamese Experience in America. Indiana University Press, 1992.
- Saiki, Patsy Sumie. Early Japanese Immigrants in Hawaii. Kisaku, Inc., 1993.
- Salett, Elizabeth Pathy; Koslow, Diane R. Race Ethnicity and Self: Identity in Multicultural Perspectives. National Multicultural Institute, 1994.
- Saran, Parmatma. Asian Indian Experience in the United States. Schenkman Publishing Company, Inc., 1985.
- Shinagawa, Larry Hajime and Jang, Michael. Atlas of American Diversity. AltaMira Press, 1998.
- Shirai, Noboru. Tule Lake: An Issei Memoir. Tom’s Printing, 1981.
- Spickard, Paul R. Mixed Blood: Intermarriage and Ethnic Identity in Twentieth Century America. The University of Wisconsin Press, 1989.
- Sue, Derald Wing; Sue, David. Counseling the Culturally Different: Theory and Practice. 2nd ed. John Wiley and Sons, 1990.
- Sue, Stanley; Morishima, James K. The Mental Health of Asian Americans. Jossey-Bass Publishers, 1988.
- Takaki, Ron T. Iron Cages: Races and Culture in 19th Century America. University of Washington Press, 1979.
- Takaki, Ronald. From Different Shores: Perspectives on Race and Ethnicity in America. Oxford University Press, 1987.
- Takaki, Ronald. Strangers From A Different Shore: A history of Asian Americans. Little Brown and Company, 1989.
- Taylor, Ronald L. Minority Families in the United States: A Multi-cultural Perspectives. Prentice Hall, 1994.
- Troyna, Barry. Public Awareness and the Media: A Study Reporting on Race. Commission for Racial Equality, 1981.
- Uba, Laura. Asian Americans: Personality Patterns, Identity, and Mental Health. The Guilford Press, 1994.
- Uchida, Yoshiko. Desert Exile: The Uprooting of a Japanese-American Family. University of Washington Press, 1982.
- Weglyn, Michi. Years of Infamy: The Untold Story of America’s Concentration Camps. Morrow Quill Paperbacks, 1976.
- Wei, William. The Asian American Movement. Temple University Press, 1993.
- Welaratna, Usha. Beyond the Killing Fields: Voices of Nine Cambodian Survivors in America. Stanford University Press, 1993.
- Wilkinson, Sook and Fox Nancy. After The Morning Calm: Reflections of Korean Adoptees. Sunrise Ventures, 2002.
- Williams, Juan. Eyes on the Prize: Americas Civil Rights Years 1954-1965. Penguin Books, 1987.
- Wu, Diana Ting Liu. Asian Pacific: Americans in the Workplace. AltaMira Press, 1997.
- Xing, Jun. Asian America: Through the Lens. AltaMira Press, a division of Sage Publications, Inc., 1998.
- Yoo, David K. New Spiritual Homes: Religion and Asian Americans. University of Hawaii Press, 1999.
- Zack, Naomi. Race and Mixed Race. Temple University Press, 1993.
- The APA Journal: In the Heart. Volume 1, Number 1 . Asian American Writer’s Workshop, Summer 1992.
- The APA Journal: Voice Stirring. Volume 1, Number 2 . Asian American Writer’s Workshop, Winter, 1992
- The APA Journal: Witness id: Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Asian/Pacific American Writings . Volume 2 Number 1, Asian American Writer’s Workshop, 1993..
- Brown, Wesley; Ling, Amy . Imagining America: Stories from the Promised Land . Persea Books, 1991.
- Bulosan, Carlos . America is in the Heart . University of Washington Press, 1943.
- Chan, Jeffrey Paul; Chin, Frank; Inada, Lawson Fusao; Wong, Shawn . The Big Aiieeeee! An Anthology of Chinese American and Japanese American Literature . Meridian Penguin Group, 1991.
- Cheung, King-Kok; Yogi, Stan . Asian American Literature: An Annotated Bibliography . Modern Language Association of America, 1988.
- Chin, Frank . The Chicken Coop Chinaman; The Year of the Dragon . University of Washington Press, 1987.
- Chin, Frank; Chan, Jeffrey Paul; Inada, Lawson Fusao; Wong, Shawn . Aiieeeee! An Anthology of Asian American Writers . Howard University Press, 1974.
- Evangelista, Susan . Carlos Bulosan and His Poetry: A Biography and Anthology . University of Washington Pres, 1985.
- Gotando, Philip Kan . Fish Head Soup and Other Plays . University of Washington Press, 1991.
- Hagedon, Jessica . DogEaters . Harper Collins Publishers, 1991.
- Houston, Velina Hasu . The Politics of Life: Four Plays by Asian American Women . Temple University Press, 1993.
- Hua, Chuang . Crossings . Northeastern University Press, 1968.
- Karlin, Wayne; Khua, Le Minh; Vu, Truong . The Other Side of Heaven: Post War Fictions by Vietnamese and American Writers . Curbstone Press, 1995.
- Kikumura-Yano, Akemi . Encyclopedia of Japanese Descendants in the Americas . AltaMira Press, 2002.
- Kim, Elaine H . Asian American Literature: An Introduction to the Writing and Their Social Context . Temple University Press, 1982.
- Kudaka, Geralding . On a Bed of Rice . An Anchor Book-Doubleday, 1995.
- Lee, Chang-Rae . Native Speaker . Riverhead Books, 1995.
- Maira, Sunaina Marr . Desis in the House . Temple University Press, 2002.
- Mirikitani, Janice . Awake in the River: Poetry and Prose . Isthmus Press, 1978.
- Mori, Toshio . Yokohama, California . University of Washington Press, 1949.
- Okada, John . No-No Boy . University of Washington Press, 1976.
- Okihiro, Gary Y . Margins and Mainstreams . University of Washington Press, 1994
- Okubo, Mine . Citizen 13660 . University of Washington Press, 1946.
- Robinson, Greg . By Order of the President . Harvard University Press, 2001.
- Ronyoung, Kim . Clay Walls . University of Washington Press, 1987.
- Santos, Bienvenido N . Scent of Apples: Collection of Stories . University of Washington Press, 1955.
- Song, Cathy . Picture Bride . Yale University Press, 1983.
- Sone, Monica. Nisei Daughter . University of Washington Press, 1953.
- Tran, Barbara; Truong, Monique T.D.; Khoi, Luu Truong . WaterMark: Vietnamese American Poetry and Prose . Asian American Writer’s Workshop, 1998.
- Watanabe, Sylvia; Bruchac, Carol . Home to Stay: Asian American Women’s Fiction . The Greenfield Review Press, 1990.
- Wilkinson, Hei Sook Park . Birth is More Than Once . Sunrise Ventures, 1985.
- Women of South Asian Descent Collective . Our Feet Walk the Sky: Women of the South Asian Diaspora . Aunt Lute Books, 1993.
- Wong, Jade Snow . Fifth Chinese Daughter . University of Washington Press, 1945.
- Wong, Sau-Ling Cynthia . Reading Asian American Literature: From Necessity to Extravagance . Princeton University press, 1993.
- Chin, Marilyn. The Phoenix Gone, the Terrace Empty. Milkweeds Editions, 1994.
- Mirikitani, Janice. Shedding Silence: Poetry and Prose. Celestial Arts, 1987.
- Alvarez, Alvin N.; Kodama, Maekawa C. Working with Asian American College Students. Number 97, Spring 2002. Wiley Periodicals, 2002
- Asian American Spirit. East Coast Asian Student Union. Volume 3 1988.
- Asian American Spirit. East Coast Asian Student Union. Volume 4 1989.
- Asian American Spirit. East Coast Asian Student Union. Volume 5 1990-91.
- Assimilated Alien: New Asia. Volume 7 Number 2. The Portable Lower East Side, 1990.
- Ayumi. A Japanese American Anthology. The Japanese American Anthology Committee, 1980.
- Critical Mass: A Journal of Asian American Cultural Criticism. Volume 1, Number 1. University of California at Berkeley, Fall 1993.
- Eberhardt, Jennifer L.; Fiske, Susan T. Confronting Racism. Sage Publications, 1998.
- Francia, Luis H. Brown River, White Ocean: An Anthology of 20th Century Philippine Literature in English. Rutgers University Press, 1993.
- Hagedon, Jessica. Charlie Chan is Dead: An Anthology of Contemporary Asian American Fiction. Penguin Books, 1993.
- Helms, Janet E. A Race is a Nice Thing to Have. Content Communications, 1992.
- Jackson, Bailey W.; Wijeyesinghe, Charmaine L. New Perspectives on Racial Identity Development. New York University Press, 2001.
- Lim, Shirley Geok-Lin; Tsutakawa, Mayumi; Donnelly, Margarita. The Forbidden Stitch. Calyx Books, 1989.
- Liu, John, Lee Robert G. Journal of Asian American Studies. Volume 5 Number 2. John Hopkins University Press, 2003.
- Mainstreet. Dartmouth’s Asian American Quarterly. Volume 1 Number 1, Fall 2000.
- Mainstreet. Dartmouth’s Asian American Quarterly. Volume 1 Number 2, Spring 2001.
- Mainstreet. Dartmouth’s Asian American Quarterly. Volume 2 Number 1, Fall 2001.
- Mainstreet. Dartmouth’s Asian American Quarterly. Volume 2 Number 2, Winter 2002.
- Nakanishi, Don T.; Lai, James S. National Asian Pacific American Political Almanac 2000-2001, Special Edition UCLA Asian American Studies Center, 2000-2001.
- Okihiro, Gary; Liu, John. Journal of Asian American Studies. Volume 1. John Hopkins University Press, February 2000.
- Okihiro, Gary; Liu, John. Journal of Asian American Studies. Volume 2. John Hopkins University Press, June 2000.
- Okihiro, Gary; Liu, John. Journal of Asian American Studies. Volume 3. John Hopkins University Press, October 2000.
- Okutsu, James K. Fusion Nana: A Japanese American Anthology. Asian American Studies, 1991.
- Song, Min; Wu, Jean Yu- Yu-Wen Shen. Asian American Studies. Rutgers University Press, 2000.
- Tufts Asian Annual Magazine. Voices. ACT of Tufts, All Volumes from 1986-1995
- Uno, Roberta. Unbroken Thread. University of Massachusetts Press, 1993.
- West, Cornel. Race Matters. Beacon Press, 1993.
- Wu, Frank H. Yellow. Basic Books, 2002.
- Amerasia Journal. Leong, Russell. The Regents of the University of California, 1988. Volume 1-13, 1971- 1987. Volume 14 1988. Volume 17, number 1&2, 1991. Volume 18, 1992.
- Asian American Policy Review. "Defining An Asian American Political Agenda: Critical Issues and Perspectives." Graduate School of Public Policy, University of California, Berkeley; John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University. Volume 1, Spring 1990.
- Asian American Policy Review. Graduate School of Public Policy, University of California, Berkeley; John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University. Volume 2, Spring 1991.
- Asian American Policy Review. Graduate School of Public Policy, University of California, Berkeley; John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University. Volume 3, Winter 1993.
- Asian American Policy Review. "Affirmative Action." Graduate School of Public Policy, University of California, Berkeley; John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University. Matsudaira, Jordan; Wong Lai-Wan. Volume 6, 1996.
- Asian American Policy Review. "Transnationalism." John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University. Kim, Suzanne; Hahn, Sue. Volume 7, 1997.
- NASPA Journal. Summer 2001 Volume 38, Number 4