Health Service Hours
Call us at 617-627-3350 or schedule an appointment online for any acute illness or injury, management of chronic conditions, and routine healthcare needs.
During the academic year, our hours are Monday to Friday 9 a.m.–5 p.m. and closed 12 noon–1 p.m. for lunch.
Telehealth appointments are available on weeknights 5–7 p.m. and may be scheduled online.
During summer, winter, and spring breaks, our hours are Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m.–4 p.m.
On holidays during the academic year, we are open 11 a.m.–3 p.m. Holidays include Labor Day, Indigenous Peoples' Day, Veterans Day, Presidents' Day, and Patriots' Day.
We are closed for University holidays that occur during summer, winter, and November breaks (MLK Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, and the day after Thanksgiving).
We are closed Christmas Eve through New Year's Day.
When Health Service is closed, there is always nurse triage available and a clinician on call. See After Hours information below.
Clinical Lab Hours
The lab is open Monday to Friday by appointment only. Please call Health Service during business hours to make an appointment or for additional information about lab services.
- For medical emergencies, call 9-1-1
- For medical advice, call 617-627-3350 and follow the prompts for nurse triage.
- For mental health crises, you can reach the after-hours counselor on call by calling CMHS at 617-627-3360 and following the prompts. For more information, please visit our Mental Health Emergencies page.
If you visit a local urgent care center or emergency department and would like Tufts to follow up on your care, please make sure to tell the center that you are a Tufts student followed by Health Service and allow them to send us a report via fax.
- The CHA Somerville Hospital - 33 Tower St, Somerville, MA 02143 617-591-4700
- The CVS Minute Clinic @ Porter Square - 36 White St., Cambridge, MA 02140 617-876-5519
- The urgent care center of the Lawrence Memorial Hospital in Medford - 170 Governors Ave., Medford, MA 02155 781-306-6100
- The CareWell Urgent Care in Somerville - 349 Broadway, Somerville, MA 02145 617-996-6987
- The Physician One Urgent Care in Medford - 4110 Mystic Valley Pkwy, Medford, MA 02155 781-874-9399
@Boston SMFA Campus
- Harvard Vanguard at Kenmore- 133 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215 617-421-1000
- Partners Urgent Care Center- 1285 Beacon Street, Brookline, MA 02446 617-751-6205
Hospital Emergency Departments
- Cambridge Health Alliance Emergency Room in Cambridge - 1493 Cambridge St, Cambridge, MA 02139 (617) 665-1000 (3.6 mi)
- Mount Auburn Hospital Emergency Room in Cambridge - 330 Mt Auburn St, Cambridge, MA 02138 (617) 499-5025 (3.7 mi)
- Winchester Hospital Emergency Room in Winchester - 41 Highland Ave, Winchester, MA 01890 (781) 729-9000 (5.0 mi)
- Melrose Wakefield Hospital Emergency Department in Melrose - 585 Lebanon St, Melrose, MA 02176 (781) 979-3000 (7.7 mi)
@Boston SMFA Campus
- Brigham and Women's Health Emergency Room - 75 Francis St, Boston 617-732-5636
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Emergency Room - 190 Pilgrim Rd, Boston 617-754-2400