Health Services Locations and Hours
Health Service Location (Medford/Somerville and SMFA Students)
124 Professors Row (across from Fletcher Field)
Medford, MA 02155
Medford, MA 02155
Kenmore-Harvard Vanguard Health Center (SMFA Students Only)
Students are able receive their primary care through Atrius Health, at the Kenmore-Harvard Vanguard 133 Brookline Ave. location, a full service primary care site.
Registration and Appointments:
- If you are a new patient at Atrius Health, you need to register first. Please call 617-421-1000 to provide your demographics and insurance information. Remember to identify yourself as an SMFA student.
- Once you are registered you can make urgent or routine appointments. Please note: due to COVID all urgent visits should call to make an appointment ahead of time.
Insurance and Costs:
- If you have the student health insurance you will be charged a $20 co-pay for a visit and/or a 15% coinsurance and deductible for x-rays, labs and other ancillary services.
- If you do not have school insurance you can use the Kenmore-Harvard Vanguard Health Center and pay at the time of your visit or go to another provider who will accept your insurance. Check the website of your insurance company (Blue Cross, for example) to find an approved list of area providers.
Health Service Hours
- Call us (617-627-3350) for any acute illness or injury, chronic conditions and routine healthcare needs. Most appointments are telehealth visits but if the clinician determines that they need to see you in person, they will help you schedule an appointment.
- Get updates on the services provided during COVID times.
During the Academic Year
- Monday to Friday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. closed 12pm to 1pm for lunch
- CLOSED on Saturdays and Sundays
We are open on holidays, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., during the academic year when residence halls are open (i.e., Labor Day, Veterans Day, Martin Luther King's Day, Presidents Day, Patriots Day).
Pre-Orientation Week Hours (2022)
Pre-Orientation is August 22–26.
- August 22: CLOSED
- August 23: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- August 24: Closed from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- August 25: Closed 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- August 26: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
*Regular academic schedule resumes on August 29
November 2022 Holidays Hours
- November 11 (Veteran's Day): 11a.m. to 3 p.m.
- November 23: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- November 24–27 (Thanksgiving weekend): CLOSED
*Regular academic schedule resumes on November 28
Fall 2022 Semester Final Exams and Winter Break Hours (2022-2023)
- December 13 and 14 (Reading Period): 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed during lunch 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.)
- December 15–December 22 (Final Exams): 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed during lunch 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.)
- December 23–January 2 (University Holiday and Winter Break): CLOSED
- January 3–January 17: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. (closed during lunch 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.) and closed on Saturdays and Sundays
- January 16 (MLK Day): CLOSED
*Regular academic schedule resumes January 18 at 9 a.m.
Spring Break Hours (2023)
Spring Break hours will be effective from March 20–March 24
- Mondays–Fridays: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. (closed 12 p.m. to 1p.m. for lunch)
*Regular academic schedule resumes on March 27
Summer Break Hours (2023)
Summer hours will be effective from May 30–August 18
- Mondays–Fridays: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. (closed 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. for lunch)
- Saturdays and Sundays: Closed
- Closed on holidays:
- May 29 (Memorial Day)
- June 19 (Juneteenth)
- July 4 (Independence Day)
*Regular academic schedule resumes on Aug 21
Clinical Lab Hours
Lab is only open on days when Health Service is open.
- Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Wednesday 10:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Friday 9 a.m.–4:30 p.m. and closed for lunch 12 noon–1 p.m.
- CLOSED Saturdays and Sundays
Winter, Spring, and Summer Break Hours
The lab is closed 12 noon–1 p.m. for lunch each day.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 9 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday 10 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
- Closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
- View hours for private clinician lab specimen collection
For mental health crises, the after-hours counselor on call can be reached by dialing CMHS at 617-627-3360 and following the prompts. For more information, please visit our Mental Health Emergencies page.
- For medical emergencies call 9-1-1
- For medical advice, call the after-hours nurses line at 617-627-3350 and follow the prompts.
- For mental health crises, call the after-hours counselor on call at 617-627-3360 and follow the prompts. For more information, please visit our Mental Health Emergencies page. Tufts Counseling and Mental Health Service is on call 365 days a year.
Urgent Care Centers
If you would like Tufts to follow up on your care, please make sure to tell the center that you are a "Tufts Students" and allow them to send us a report via fax.
- The CHA Somerville Hospital - 33 Tower St, Somerville, MA 02143 617-591-4500
- The CVS Minute Clinic @ Porter Square - 36 White St., Cambridge, MA 02140 617-876-5519
- The urgent care center of the Lawrence Memorial Hospital in Medford - 170 Governors Ave., Medford, MA 02155 781-306-6100
- The CareWell Urgent Care in Somerville - 349 Broadway, Somerville, MA 02145 617-996-6987
- The Physician One Urgent Care in Medford - 4110 Mystic Valley Pkwy, Medford, MA 02155 781-874-9399 Offering a ride share program for Tufts University student and faculty community who seek urgent care services at PhysicianOne. Ride share is through Lyft, PhysicianOne pays for the ride from Tufts Campus in Medford to the PhysicianOne Medford clinic. Return ride is student/faculty responsibility. Flyer attached.
- Harvard Vanguard at Kenmore- 133 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215 617-421-1000
- Partners Urgent Care Center- 1285 Beacon Street, Brookline, MA 02446 617-751-6205
If you would like Tufts to follow up on your care, please make sure to tell the ER that you are a "Tufts Students" and allow them to send us a report via fax.
- Cambridge Health Alliance Emergency Room in Cambridge- 1493 Cambridge St, Cambridge, MA 02139 (617) 665-1000 (3.6 mi)
- Mount Auburn Hospital Emergency Room in Cambridge- 330 Mt Auburn St, Cambridge, MA 02138 (617) 499-5025 (3.7 mi)
- Winchester Hospital Emergency Room in Winchester- 41 Highland Ave, Winchester, MA 01890 (781) 729-9000 (5.0 mi)
- Melrose Wakefield Hospital Emergency Department in Melrose- 585 Lebanon St, Melrose, MA 02176 (781) 979-3000 (7.7 mi)
- Brigham and Women's Health Emergency Room- 75 Francis St, Boston 617-732-5636
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Emergency Room- 190 Pilgrim Rd, Boston 617-754-2400