If you are planning to offer event sponsorship opportunities to external partners, please follow these guidelines:
- Event sponsors are treated as donors. For guidance, please refer to the Tufts University Event Sponsorship Guide, published by Corporate & Foundation Relations.
- No quid pro quo may be given, other than having a table at the event or being noted as a sponsor on event promotional materials, e.g., posters, programs, etc.
- The Tufts University logo should never be placed next to or near those of the sponsors on promotional material. Ideally, the Tufts logo would be placed at the top of a print or digital piece with the sponsor’s logo in smaller print at the bottom.
- Sponsors may be noted as such, but they should not mention endorsement of any kind by Tufts of their company, products, or services.
- Consider having various sponsors from the same industry.
- Make sure due diligence is done to vet the reputation of all sponsors and speakers.