Faculty and Staff Access Guidance
Resources for Faculty and Staff
The StAAR Center works collaboratively with faculty and staff on supporting students through the accommodations for students with disabilities and academic support process for all students. Our website has a plethora of resources for faculty and staff to consider when working with a student. Our resources extend beyond accommodations to academic tutoring, academic coaching, writing support and customized workshops for specific groups of students.
This resource page is designed to give faculty and staff access to stand-alone resource tools to use at their convenience.
Supporting All Learners:
If you see a student struggling with course material, staying on top of their work or writing papers, refer that student to us. The StAAR Center offers a variety of support for students, ranging from academic skills coaching and writing consultations, to subject tutoring and study groups, to academic skills and discipline specific workshops.
As partners in our student success, the StAAR Center asks you to mention our support to all students, even if they don't appear to be struggling.
- StAAR Resource Statement for Syllabus
- Academic Coaching
- Academic Tutoring (Link to Anchor on Coaching Page)
- Writing Support
- Don’t cancel that class! Content below
- Workshop Request Form
- Technology Resources for Faculty and Students
Supporting Students with Disabilities
The StAAR Center recognizes the pivotal role faculty play in supporting students. Accommodations are designed to eliminate barriers that the students experience in the learning environment. Please reach out anytime to discuss your students, specific accommodations, or clarification of your responsibilities.
- StAAR Disability Support Statement for Syllabus
- The Accommodation Letter Process
- Statement about Disability Resources for your Syllabus
- Accommodations for Distraction Reduced Testing Space
- Faculty Accommodate Instructions
- Faculty Accommodate Basics Video
- Review Exam Accommodation Request
- How to Support Students with Extended Time Accommodations
- Extended Time in Canvas and ProctorU
- Accessibility Checklist
- Online Accessibility Guide for faculty teaching online
Tufts Commitment to Digital Accessibility:
Tufts is committed to making all online content available to all people. Tufts Technology Services provides tools for the creation of accessible digital content and supports the purchasing and implementation of accessible digital tools. For more information on our Digital Accessibility, Procurement, or Captioning policy, please visit Access Tufts.