SMFA After-Hours Access
Access to space at the SMFA at Tufts outside of normal business hours (nights and weekends) is permitted beginning in the second week of each semester through the last day of Review Boards, except when the school is closed.
After-Hours Access is required during the following times:
- Monday to Friday: 11:00 p.m.–6 a.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 6 p.m.–6 a.m.
- Holidays: All day
After-Hours Access Policies
- After-hours access is a privilege that is granted to full-time matriculated students only.
- The After Hours access process is the same for both Fenway and Mission Hill buildings.
- Undergraduate students are not permitted to stay in the Mission Hill building after hours.
- Students are responsible for inquiring about and abiding by all studio specific policies and restrictions regarding after hours usage. Please contact the relevant Studio Manager to review the restrictions and requirements before planning to work after hours.
- Students must work only in the rooms that they indicated on the sign in sheet.
- No windows or doors to the outside may be opened.
- No cooking, alcohol, or drugs are allowed. All food must be brought in before the school closes. No takeout deliveries will be accepted after hours.
- No guests/visitors are allowed after hours.
- Any activity that creates a safety hazard, is illegal, or is damaging to SMFA at Tufts property will result in the revocation of after hours access privileges.
Steps for Gaining After-Hours Access
- All students must have their ID on them at all times.
- Students wishing to work in either building after hours must sign in at the front desk by 11:00 p.m. and indicate the room where they plan to work.
- Students will not be allowed to enter the building past 11:00 p.m.. Students who leave the building after 11:00 p.m. will not be allowed to reenter.
- It is highly recommended that students work in pairs after hours.
- We recommend leaving the building in pairs and utilizing the LYFT Safe Ride system.
- Report any accidents to the security officer immediately.
- Any student who fails to comply with after-hours access policies will have the privilege revoked and will be subject to the Tufts Student Code of Conduct.