SMFA Grading Policies and Procedures
Courses taken with the SMFA, including continuing education classes, have different grading bases for different students. When you click on the grade roster of your class, each student should already have the correct grading basis based on what program they are in, and you will only be able to choose a grade from the appropriate grading basis. If you believe a student has the wrong grading basis listed, please email email@example.com. Possible grading options include:
- Letter grades (A through F). Instructors should assign these grades to matriculated non-SMFA students.
- CR, NC. Credit, no credit. Instructors should assign these grades to SMFA undergraduate students taking studio art courses. A grade of NC is not acceptable for degree credit.
- S, U. Satisfactory, Unsatisfactory. Instructors should assign these grades to SMFA graduate students taking studio art courses. A grade of "U" is not acceptable for degree credit.
- COM, I. Complete/Incomplete. Instructors should assign these grades to auditors taking continuing education classes.
- NG. No grade; the student registered but never attended. Instructors can assign this grade to any student.
- PI. Permanent Incomplete. Do not assign this grade. All incomplete grades will turn into permanent incompletes six weeks into the following semester.
Instructions on grading, and more information about grading can be found here.